Saturday, February 18, 2012

Heavy Sigh

Mr. Engineered4Life left at 4:45 this morning for 3 -- count 'em, 3 -- weeks away on business.  One week in Japan, 1 week in India, 1 week in China.

Oh, I'll be fine. The bills are paid, my car got the once-over, the water softener is filled, the furnace filters changed.

And I have Will and Zoe to keep me company.  I won't be lonely.

And I have plenty to do.  In fact, I have planned extra stuff for myself during these three weeks, outside of work and regularly scheduled events such as laundry and dishes.  I plan to clean the basement, read 2 novels, lose 10 pounds, knit at least one sock, learn to play the fiddle, finish revisions on Chuck's book and work on my own book.

(I believe in setting my goals high.  If I at least get Chuck's book done and go on a couple of walks with Zoe, I'll be happy.)

But I will miss my friend.  I'll miss him at the school auction tonight and the Lenten Friday fish frys.  I'll miss him sitting on the couch with me and watching the Oscars.  I'll miss him on Will's birthday.  I'll miss him making coffee for me in the mornings and supper in the evenings.  I'll miss telling him about all the crazy stuff that happens during my day, and listening to him laugh.  Oh, cell phones are great, and I am thankful that we're able to talk every day, but it's just not the same now, is it?

Three weeks is a long time to be separated from the one you love.  It seems even longer when you're separated from the one you like, as well.  You know what I mean?

Peace.


PS As I was writing this post, I got a call from Chuck -- he is sending me a big box of revisions plus a DVD on the Korean War.  Plenty to do!

1 comment:

  1. hhmmmm.... a little birdie told me that you might be lonesome over the next few weeks. glad to see you've got some plans. and i highly recommend reading those novels! a very diverting thing to do, reading...

    <3

    Christie

    ReplyDelete