Thursday, September 19, 2013

Crafty Week Day #4 -- Woodsy

"Woodsy" because all these are made from wood.  Clever, no?  No.

Anyway, here are some of my creations from the past couple of weeks.

A few months ago, I ordered some wooden pennant blanks from one of my favorite "daily deal" craft sites -- pickyourplum.com.  I got some big triangles, little triangles and these flag shapes.  I mod-podged some fabric on them, then painted on the welcome letters.  I had saved a tie from a bundle of Crimson Tate fabric, which was perfect for stringing.  The screen is left over from my sister's home renovation


One day, my friend, Madge, and I were driving back to the office from lunch and she pointed out a door decoration she loved.  This is my attempt to re-create that: 

Old picture frame, spray painted, then a big C I found at Hobby Lobby, spray painted, and some 50% off fall picks.  Now I just have to find a way to make it hang straight on my door.

That was my practice piece for Madge's:

About the same as mine, except that the W needed a bigger frame!  Red is her favorite color.  Thanks for the inspiration, friend!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment