Friday, September 7, 2007

Steak and Lobster, Here Comes Grandma!

Today is my Grandma's 96th birthday. We had a little party for her at the Lutheran Home, and almost the whole family was there (Maggie and Adam were working and Clay is still in Japan). Every year, she tells us she doesn't want a party, gifts or any big "to-do," but every year we have one, anyway, and she is always happy we did.







Grandma with my niece and nephew,
Carly and Charlie





Her cake (white with lemon curd filling). I also made a double chocolate. When I was 8, she made me the greatest cake -- two angel food cakes (my favorite), set together to form an "8", frosted with 7-minute icing and decorated with silver dragees. She deserves 2 cakes in return.









My niece Taylor, who just turned 12, and my nephew Griffin, who will be 1 on 9/26.




We had a big party for her when she turned 90 -- rented hall, fancy invitations, lots of food and friends. And we had a pretty big shindig last year when she turned 95. I told her for her 100th birthday party, we will have steak and lobster. She just laughs at me, but I plan to keep my promise.

Peace.
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. What a great cake! She definitely looks like she will be taking you up on that steak and lobster!

    ReplyDelete