Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Doing Things. Always Doing Things

I've seen this around a lot lately:


On pinterest, in blog posts, on facebook.
And I have to say I'm guilty.

I'm busy all the time.

I accept "Oh, you are so busy!"  and "How do you get everything done?" and similar platitudes as praise.
I have made "Busy, Busy, Busy" my calling card and badge of honor.
Then, I wake up panicked in the middle of the night thinking about all the things I have to do.
I get busy, I get tense, I fall behind, I get stressed.

Eek.

Apparently, I must like it that way, because I am having a terrible time trying to change.

What the hell is wrong with me?  Don't answer that. 

It's just that I am just interested in lots of things.
And I like to share the things I'm interested in.  I like to teach.  I like to help.  I like to do.

Ergo, doing=busy.

It's not such an awful thing, but I want to work on glorifying relaxation.  Peace.  Family bonfires. Naps.  Porch rockers.

But first, I need to finish a few things. . . .

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment