Monday, February 21, 2011

A Quick Catch-up

First off, I missed the milestone of 300 posts to this blog (this is #304, I think) since I started in June of 2007. I've tried to keep it mostly happy, but I've complained a bit, too. I've blogged joys and sorrows, birthdays and holidays, wrestling, fairs and funerals. This started out as a knitting blog, but quickly turned into a blog about things I love, which perhaps is why it seems a bit disjointed at times -- I love a lot of things. And if you are reading this, I am guessing you are one of those things I love. So, thanks.

I missed writing about Lucky's death. She was not the most pleasant cat, but she was ours. For 18 years. Will found her curled up in my closet, where she had spent many happy hours not being forced to interact with us. I do miss her, but I think I might be the only one.

I missed writing about the end of Will's high school wrestling career. His goal was to get further in the tournament than he did last year, and he achieved that. At regionals, he lost to a kid from Terre Haute who went on to place 2nd in the State meet last Saturday. I will really miss watching him wrestle, no matter how difficult and worrisome it was. Wrestling is a great sport, and he was a great little wrestler. So says his mom.

I'm knitting a pair of socks, I'm reading Still Alice by Lisa Genova (talk about difficult and worrisome!), I'm thinking about my next quilt and I'm almost done with my first draft of my first chapter. Not running yet, but I'm thinking about that, too.

There. All caught up now.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment