Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haiti

So, people are wondering why I haven't blogged about Haiti.

They know that next Tuesday, Feb. 2, I was flying to Port Au Prince to spend 2 weeks on the island -- part of my trip in Gaspard, on a mountain in the north, and part at Mother Theresa's Orphanage for Dying Babies and Children in PAP. A trip I had been looking forward to for four years

They know that for the past 10 years or so, I have been on the Haiti Committee at our parish, raising money for our sister parish, St. Therese of Lisieux, and the school and medical mission there.

They know that I have friends in Haiti (all are OK).

I haven't blogged about it because there is just so much. So much destruction, despair and sadness, and so much I want to say. About the earthquake, about the nation, about the people.
But I've read so much, and watched so much CNN in the past weeks that I can't think of anything that hasn't been said.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment