Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Reading List

So I have been trying to do something groovy with my blog and list the books I want to read this year, through Amazon or Library Thing, but it all looks a little cluttered, and one of my plans this year (read: resolutions, but I don't want to use that word, because I stink at resolutions) is to reduce the clutter. Even on my blog. Maybe I'll get those little widgets figured out later, but for now, here is my reading plan:
1) to finish at least one novel a week (or at least half a novel before I abandon it)
2) and intersperse non-fiction work here and there
3) go back to some of the classics I have on my shelf -- avoid purchasing books this year ("That is very funny," she said as she opened the box from Amazon that arrived yesterday.)

I am currently reading Loving Frank (my upstairs book), How the Garcia Girls Lost their Accents (downstairs book), Sense and Sensibility (car book) and Half the Sky (which was in that box yesterday.) When I finish these, I want to re-read the rest of the Jane Austen novels, Faulkner, Welty and Flannery O'Connor.

And of course, I want to read the good stuff that Jeannine and Pam have on their book club lists. Maybe this should be the year I join/start a book club -- anyone want to join me?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment