Monday, November 7, 2011

November Thankfulness - Paint

A fresh coat of paint makes everything better, doesn't it?  You know one of my goals this year has been to get rid of all the wallpaper in the house (OK, that's the one paper I don't like!)  The baby shower was just the kick in the pants I needed to finish the task, and I am proud to say that it is all gone!  We painted the living room and dining room in Martha Stewart Dolphin gray -- bright and clean.
And, I sanded down and  repainted these



to get these


I also painted some old picture frames in the same off-white, then framed our favorite song lyrics.  Speaking of painting, I broke out my watercolors for two of the songs -- I had forgotten how much I love to paint with them.
The chalkboard in the center is another pinterest idea; the sentiment on the chalkboard is Maggie's idea.  

The Norman Rockwell corner


The foyer, with a sweet little telephone desk I purchased from my favorite little shop, Claire Marie

 And I don't think I posted the re-vamped family room wall, so here it is:
We've lived here almost 20 years, but it feels sort of new.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment