Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Office Progress!

Things are progressing on my office/studio/craft room; if we have a snow day tomorrow, I think I'll get done with the painting. I'll have complete transformation pictures up soon, but thought I would share a couple of projects that I do have completed for the room.

First up, a chalkboard for the door. I started with an old frame I found at the flea market, painted it black, painted it white then banged it around a little.
I cut a piece of thin plywood the size of the opening, and painted it with chalkboard paint. Secured the board in the frame with a few finishing nails, added a wire for hanging, and there you go. (I took a number of pictures of the process, as I do love step-by-step instructions I find on other blogs, but mine seem pretty boring on here, so I deleted them -- do you really need to see all those steps? If you really want to make one of these, I'll come over and help you!)

Up and working!


or



I think all three of my kids used this dresser at one time. It's one of those Sauder pieces you buy in a box and then screw all together. I took off the drawer fronts, removed the handles and Modpodged some beautiful Amy Butler scrapbook paper to the fronts. I wanted some cute glass handles, but that would have put the cost of this re-do to over $70, so I settled for a box of discount knobs from Home Depot. Not too bad, if I do say so.


Luckily, I have fully embraced the shabby chic movement, as making something out of not much is the name of my game. That still is a movement, isn't it?


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment