Monday, January 5, 2009

A Year in Review

A. I would like to blog every day or so.
B. I would like to write about 2008.
I am reading blogs again, and saw this little meme on a couple of the knitting blogs (Jo's and Beverly's) -- so,
C. This should do nicely, I think.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Turned 49. Wow, that is a lame answer, but all I can come up with at the moment.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I still don't play a stringed instrument, there are no chapters of my novel to read and my pants are the same size. Poo.
I think I will just keep the same ones (resolutions and pants), and try not to forget about them by February.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Heavens, yes.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, yes.

5. What countries did you visit? None. But I do have my passport ready.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Peace on earth and a puppy

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The babies' birthdays.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Taking a seat on National Council.

9. What was your biggest failure? I'm a mom -- don't get me started.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major, but bronchitis is the pits.

11. What was the best thing you bought? New carpet for the family room. Whee!

12. Where did most of your money go? My money? Fun stuff. Charity. Our money? The house, the cars, the kids, the usual.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? New babies, vacation with friends

14. What song will always remind you of 2008? Alphabet Rock

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? A little sadder -- it's been a hard few weeks.
b) thinner or fatter? About the same
c) richer or poorer? Richer, I think. I have more part time jobs than this time last year!

16. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercising and loving

17. What do you wish you'd done less of? Nagging and worrying

18. How will you be spending Christmas? Well, I answered all that in the previous posts -- you really don't want to hear that again, do you?

19. What was your favorite TV program? Barefoot Contessa, Top Chef, Amazing Race and Bonnie Hunt. I like TV and am not ashamed of it. So there.

20. What was the best book you read? The Last Chinese Chef

21. What was your greatest musical discovery? She and Him

22. What did you want and get? Happiness
22a. I didn't know I wanted another cat, but we got Toulouse. And in a lot of ways, he's like the puppy from question 6.

23. What did you want and not get? Deluxe Scrabble and someone to play it with.

24. What was your favorite film of this year? Mama Mia

25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? We had a nice supper at home, and Clay made an angel food cake with a chocolate ganache, a la Ina Garten. Super. Oh, and I turned 49.

26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Immeasurably? Holy cow, that's asking a lot. To be honest, I am really satisfied with my life, and can't think of anything that could make it measurably more so.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Traditional. Meaning, I wore the same things I wore the year before. And the one before that.

28. What kept you sane? Mornings in the kitchen with Linda and Joannie; Clay, who reminds me to keep my chin up and my head out of my ass.

29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy? Sheesh. You mean besides Alan Rickman and Colin Firth? Let me think on that one.

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Just let it go and go on. That's all you can do.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your #30. How much easier life would be if more people adopted this philosophy.

    Mmmm... Alan Rickman. I watched Die Hard the other day and had forgotten he was in it. I love listening to him talk.

    ReplyDelete