1) They have captured Chester Stiles, the man who videotaped himself having sex with a three-year-old. This man really messes with my views on capital punishment.
2) In California, it is now illegal to smoke with children in your car. It is careless (and a little dumb) to smoke with children in the car, but should it be illegal? Doesn't this just open to door for the smoking police to begin going door-to-door, ferreting out smokers with children in their homes? Would they be fined? Have their children taken away? Arrested? Can you still smoke in jail?
It just all seems a little self-righteous.
Dear Arnold, hate the smoke, love the smoker.
3) Ellen Degeneres adopted a dog from a rescue agency. The dog didn't get along well with her cats. She gave the dog to her hairdresser. The hairdresser's children loved the dog. The agency found out that Ellen had given away the dog without notifying them. They took the dog away from the hairdresser and her kids, saying Ellen didn't abide by the terms of the adoption agreement. Ellen cried. I cried.
Dear Arnold, I am glad I don't live in California.
4) So maybe it's a good thing that Purdue isn't going to the Rose Bowl. This year.
Dear Arnold, Be kind to the Buckeyes when they're in Pasadena.
5) Also on the sporty page, Cleveland is up 2-1 on Boston. For fear of jinxing the Indians (like I did the Boilermakers), that's all I'm going to say about that.