Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Redemption

I believe in it.
I believe a sinner can become a saint.
I believe it is possible for someone to completely turn their life around, from the bad to the good, to begin living for others instead of living for oneself. Move "forward triumphantly", to quote Bob Marley.
I believe it is entirely possible for Michael Vick to do so, and I am looking forward to seeing it happen. He may never be like Drew Brees or LaDainian Tomlinson, but he can become a better man.

And the only reason I posted this today is that I want to be able to come back in a few years, find this post, show it to Clay and Will (who are both in the cynical "once a jerk, always a jerk" camp) and say "I told you so." Redemption is sweet.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're right, Georgie. I'm still in the cynical camp, at least when it comes to Vick. But I do sincerely hope you are right.

    ReplyDelete