Friday, August 24, 2007

Popickles and Purple

Just a few pictures today:
How to get Tommy distracted from the pedal car that Grandma had been pushing him around in for half an hour (after playing in a golf scramble in 100 degree heat)? Popickles.

By the way, I am not grandma; I am Mimi and Clay is Grandma. After some hesitation, he agreed to be "grandpa", but Tommy has translated that to "grandma". How could we not be madly in love with this boy?



Autumn-blooming clematis at the south end of our porch. This is the first year for this plant; I thought it would be fragrant, but with the dry summer we have had, I am just thankful for all these blooms.



And a little knitting. I think I will call this Clare's Purple Passion. Clare is 8 months old and her dad is an assistant coach of our HS football team, so this is for her to wear at the games (but not tonight's game -- we are in the middle of another 100 degree spell.)



Yarn: Red Heart Kids, held together with something sparkly I got at Hobby Lobby for $1.00. The sweater pattern is from Natural Knits for Moms and Babies, and I made up the hat pattern myself. Buttons from my mom's vast collection. (I have strung buttons for garlands and curtain tie-backs, hot glued them onto picture frames and used them for countless garments, and I still have 3 full fruitcake tins full of buttons!)

Stay cool. Peace.

I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don’t notice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment