Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Very Happy Thought

When I was 6, Debbie and Denise Norris (the ultra-cool daughters of my dad's best friend) took me to the Vondee Theater to see The Sound of Music.

Nothing has ever been the same.

My grandma had this album, and I probably wore out the grooves.  I knew every word, every orchestra swell, every sigh.

Inside the album was a booklet -- the story of the making of the film.  I read it over and over.

I wanted to be a nun.  And a governess.  And Julie Andrews.  And marry Christopher Plummer.
I watched Lost in Space just to see Angela Cartwright.
I encourage brides to walk down the aisle to Maria's Processional.
Salzburg, Austria and Stowe, Vermont are on my travel bucket list.
I have seen many stage productions of the show, including one in which Greg Brady (Barry Williams) was the Captain.  Eek!

And tonight is the LIVE television production starring Carrie Underwood.  NBC, 8:00 PM.

I am so excited!  The DVR is set!
I watched the "making of" program on Bravo this week and teared up -- it is going to be so so sweet.

Be there!   Auf wiedersehen, darling!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment