Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Book Report

I am doing this early, because I think everyone needs to read this book and read it soon -- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.  Clay does, too.  We both loved it, cried over it and think it's one of the best we've read in a long time.  I'm not going to say much more, but if you don't fall in love with these characters, I don't want to be your friend any more.

Just kidding.
I'll still be your friend, but I'll never understand you.

Peace




And PS.  I forgot to report on Light Between Oceans, which I listened to while doing some sewing last month.  Unlike the book above, the Coons' were split on this one -- I thought it was very good, although heart-wrenching, and Clay was ticked that I suggested such a dark book with an ending he didn't appreciate.  We both loved the reader's Australian accent, but in some of the reviews on Audible listeners hated it.  So, you might want to read it with an Australian accent in your head that you can understand.

1 comment:

  1. G:
    I read Me Before You, intrigued more by your commentary than the book notes. I have to agree that it is by far the best book I've read in a long while, and like you, I wouldn't be able to understand (perhaps wouldn't want to understand)how anyone could dislike it!

    Oh, my gosh: you should have seen me on the treadmill at the Y, running, reading, and crying all at the same time. What a sight!

    Reading Clay's reaction to The Light Between Oceans took me back to last summer's reading: the summer of great novels with disappointing endings.

    This season has yielded better results:
    I started out the summer rereading Jane Eyre with Nancy and Becky, then moved on to Molokai and am now in the middle of Beautiful Ruins. Have you read them?

    I'm hoping to squeeze in another novel or two before school begins. Have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete