Saturday, November 27, 2010

Really? November's almost over?

How did that happen? I had such high hopes for profuse blogging this month. And, I had a lot to blog about. I lost a dear friend to cancer, celebrated my 50th year by taking a trip to Hilton Head, and tried to make a big decision about reducing my activities.

I have big hopes again, for Advent, but if you've followed this blog for long, you know to not hold your breath.

Before tomorrow, then, I leave you with my last (and 3rd) blessing/saint/soup post:

My favorite saint, who I have written about before here, is St. Therese of Lisieux, who is also known as St. Therese of the Child Jesus and The Little Flower. Even though she had sickness and tragedy in her life, she was a big blessing counter. I'd like to think we have that in common.

And here is my last soup recipe. Easy and delicious.

Black Bean Soup
2 - 15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed
2 - 14 oz. can stewed tomatoes
2 - 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies
1 - 11 oz can whole kernel corn
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
4 cups chicken stock
1 pound smoked sausage, sliced thin

Toss everything in a big pot. Bring to an almost boil, turn down heat, cover and simmer for at least 1/2 hour and enjoy! This would be very easy to make according to your own taste -- IE, more corn, less chilies, etc. And, if you toss the sausage around in a hot skillet for a bit to give it a little sear, it ups the flavor.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment