Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another Little Quilt

This was a fun little quilt I made for a friend's charity auction.  Unfortunately, I was a little tardy getting it to him (they had a catalog of auction items already made up) -- I could save it for him for next year, but I think I will gift this one, and make him another.  As long as I don't forget and wait until the last minute!  


I saw this rubric (rubric?  That's probably not the right term -- what is the right term?) on another quilter's blog, and thought it was a great idea.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern:  Well, that's a good question.  Jenny, from the Missouri Star Quilt Company calls it "The Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern by 3 Dudes," as the technique was shared with her from the guys at 3 Dudes.  It's a fun construction with jelly rolls strips; I had watched her video on the Jelly Roll Race quilt, and then watched the video for this pattern.  (You should watch her videos -- she is a lot of fun to watch.)  

But I think I might call it "Paris Wife", since that's what I listened to while working on it.  (More on The Paris Wife in the March Book Report post.)
Finished Size:  48'x48"
Fabrics:     Moda Cherry On Top jelly roll, some random white sashing and backing  I found on my workroom shelves.  Binding was made from some random pink cotton.  
Pieced and quilted by:  me
Dates:  Started and completed in February, 2013.

Here is one of the blocks, looking a little pink around the edges -- my quilt photography isn't getting much better, but I think my machine quilting is improving.  A little bit.


And the back, with a strip of leftovers:
It does look better in the sun, but I somehow didn't even notice that big shadow until I downloaded the pictures.  So, in addition to a machine quilting class, I think I need a photography class as well.

Sewing injury.  For the first time in my life, I sewed through my finger.  Actually, through my fingernail.

I was trying to maneuver the fabric through the machine at a junction of several seams, and it wasn't cooperating, so I pushed a little harder.  I was so shocked, I forgot to curse.
It's fine -- it really didn't hurt very long at all.  In fact, I'm sort of proud of this battle scar -- I won over both the quilt and the machine!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment