Monday, December 17, 2012

Fill in the Blank

I feel blank today.  I am guessing you do, too.

This morning, I had a hard time getting out of bed.
I had a hard time thinking about leaving the house.

I cried.  Again.

Because I want to fix things.
And I want to fix things because I am a mom.  And a fixer.

My advisor has hugged me, made me laugh a little and given me a figurative kick in the ass.

So, it's time to fill in the blank.
Here is my focus today:

I cannot fix the world, but I can_______________________.

I cannot fix the world, but I can see good in the world.
I cannot fix the world, but I can try to understand the pain of others.
I cannot fix the world, but I can care deeply.
I cannot fix the world, but I can work to change my little corner of it.
I cannot fix the world, but I can try.
I cannot fix the world, but I can keep fear from overcoming me.
I cannot fix the world, but I can be present.
I cannot fix the world, but I can love.

Your turn.  Go.

I'm going out now.  To work, to be with friends, to try to do some fixing.
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thank-you Georgie! Your words are a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete