Saturday, February 27, 2010

More random stuff

We had 19 at Knit Night this week -- four new knitters, a visitor from Australia and a sweet baby. A good night. I hurried and finished up my first project from Warm Fuzzies:
From the top:



Out of the 6 sweaters I bought at the Goodwill, 5 felted fabulously. One will be going back in my next donation run. The pattern I gave them this week was for a mock cable scarf ; very easy pattern, and it looks very nice on the wrong side, something you rarely get with a cabled scarf.


My college roommate, Lynne, turns 50 on Monday, so I sent her a little something every day for the past week. I've always wanted to make one of these banners that we see so often on sewing blogs; pretty easy, and made up with leftover fabrics.

And, it's reversible!
Will turned 17 yesterday -- more on his celebration later. He wants a motorcycle, but settled for a very cool pair of Wayfarers.

I'm reading Northanger Abbey, the Jane Austen book I probably spent the least amount of time on. When I was 25, I thought Austen was so serious -- now, I see her wit and snarkiness, and love her even more.

Oh, and Outlander? Now I get it.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment