Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Purple!

Last week was "P" week in kindergarten, so I made purple pancakes with powdered sugar for their treat. They all think I am a genius.
These don't look very beautiful, but they were delicious.

And, I started a pair of socks! Our Knit Night friend Linda taught us toe-up socks a few months ago, and I promised myself I would give socks another try (my first attempt at socks was the top down IU red and white pair for Grandpa Dale, which I abandoned after he died. I might have even thrown them out.)

So far, so good. It took me about an hour to conquer that crazy figure-8 cast on, but once I did and finished the increases for the toe, it was smooth sailing. But I just kept thinking that all these stitches would have already added up to a scarf or a good portion of a baby sweater on #7's or 8's. I'm trying to keep a good attitude about this, but I don't know if I will ever love socks the way so many knitters do. I'm about ready to tackle the heel, but I probably won't get to that until Friday, then I'll have to decide whether to work the leg of the sock straight, or in a rib or little cable.
If all goes well (in more ways than one!) these will be my lucky wrestling socks; the season is right around the corner . . .
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment