Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grandma's Funeral

I've tried writing this post three times now, and all three times it just wasn't right.

Let's just say that the funeral planning was a fiasco. (I will tell you that after finding grandma's lost safety deposit key and driving down to her little hometown bank, I was rear-ended at a 4-way stop on my way to the funeral home. I am fine, the car is fine, but the gentleman who hit me must think I'm a nut, as I stood on the side of the road and sobbed with my head in my hands. Really. It was a soap opera moment.)

But the service itself was lovely, with moments of sharing, great scripture choices, poems, a nice sermon and two of her favorite hymns.

And like Forrest Gump, that's all I'm going to say about that.

Peace. To grandma, and to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment