Monday, February 23, 2015

Drowsy Crafts

Grandpa Dale loved theater, and whenever he was in a show, he would make a little something for his cast mates.  I thought that was a lovely idea, and copied it for my pals in The Drowsy Chaperone.

Last fall, I made my friend, Lori, a felt bookmark.  So she asked me to make a few for her sisters-in-law for Christmas:
 I embroidered on felt, then attached the felt circles to stretchy headbands to go around a book.

They came out pretty nicely, so I decided bookmarks would be fun for the cast.  I made lots of monkey heads, a circus conductor, a Gibson with olives, a cupcake, a nightingale and a cat in pajamas.  But instead of a stretchy headband, I attached them to ribbon which I had ironed on a transfer of the show name and date.  I added a button on one end and a little pony tail holder on the other. (Thanks, Pintrest!) And of course, I forgot to take pictures until it was almost too late, but here are a few:



Digger, AKA Adolpho with his cat in pajamas

For the rest of the cast and crew, I tried painting on wine glasses and coffee mugs for the first time.  Drowsy logo on one side, a line from the show on the other.  After they were dry, I put them in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees -- I hope the paint stays on as promised!

Now that the show is over, I'm anxious to get back to the sewing machine.  Right after I finish my novel.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment