Friday, August 1, 2014

Fair Things - Matroyshka Dolls

This is my friend, Bella.



When she comes to visit, Bella loves run, color, wear funky glasses and play with my matroyshka dolls.

Clay promised that the next time he goes to Russia, he'll bring her back a set of her own, but when I saw a crochet pattern for stacking dolls, I knew I had to make them for her.


 I purchased the pattern from the CHD Shop on etsy, and I was so pleased with the clear, thorough instructions.  My dolls came out a bit bigger than those in the pattern, but I didn't stop to check gauge -- I was just excited to get started, and for a lot of projects, gauge isn't critical.

I used Vanna's Choice worsted weight acrylic and a size H crochet hook, and added the details with felt and embroidery.  I took them to the fair, where the dolls won a blue ribbon.



Mir.  And peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment