Saturday, November 30, 2013

Where the Heck Did November Go?

So that blogging every day in November thing didn't happen.

Guess what else didn't happen?  NaNoWriMo.  I started two novels, was really making great progress on the second, and then life just got in the way.  I need to get rid of some of my life if this is going to work.

But what else to get rid of?  Friends?  Family?  Fun?

I'm still having trouble saying "No" to requests for my time.  Because I guess I must really like being asked.  I really like doing things for other people that keep me away from my desk.  I really like all my nursing home peeps who boost my ego -- Mr. V at the Lutheran Home asks me every week when I am performing in Carnegie Hall because I am the best piano player he's ever heard.  And he's old.  Really old.

I'm also having a little trouble when people say, "So, what are you doing now that you don't have a job?"

Ugh.  How to explain that I spend a lot of time thinking about my writing?  Not enough really writing, but a lot of time thinking about it.

And I also spent a lot of November across the hall in the workroom.  I know.  That's why I have a writing desk in the guest room, so that I won't be tempted to craft when I should be writing.  But I can't help it.

Maybe I should write a craft book.  Or be like Debbie Macomber incorporate my crafty adventures into a novel.  Bleh.

And I can assure you that December won't be much better.  Because it's December.

Ugh.  Bleh.  Bah humbug.

But peace, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment