Monday, January 3, 2011

So long, Christmas - The Last Stocking

Seems like everyone else has taken down their tree and put away Christmas. I don't know if it's that I love our Christmas things, or that our house looks so bare once it's all down, or that I'm just lazy, but I put it off as long as possible. I do try to have it done by Clay's birthday, so that gives me another 8 days, right?

Here is the last of the Christmas stockings I knit for this year:


This is Paul's, in pseudo-Harley colors. I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in pumpkin, coal and cloud. I found this swirly pattern on Ravelry; it wasn't one of the standard options in the Cascade pattern.

I didn't get the three knit stockings lined, so the boys got their loot in their felt stockings. Hopefully, the lining thing will happen before next Christmas.

And here's how our chimney looks with all the stockings hung with care -- felt ones, knit ones and cross-stitched ones:
Looks a bit busy, doesn't it? Kind of like our whole holiday season . . .

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment